Exhilarate your senses as K11 MUSEA presents the all-new pioneering POP FICTION art experience to Hong Kong this summer. Sharing positive impact through art, K11 MUSEA continue their mission to inspire and create shared value in the community with their first #ShareToInspireBid online charity art barter bidding. This project unites 10 global talents including celebrity Carina Lau, singer-songwriter Leah Dou and internationally celebrated artist Philip Colbert, to design exclusive Snow Angel Mickey artworks for public barter bids from 26 July -7 August 2020. From 25 July, these exclusive creations will be shown at the Gold Ball on the second floor of K11 MUSEA. Proceeds of the winning barter bids from the public and proceeds donated by K11 will go to Make-A-Wish Hong Kong to help grant life-changing wishes to children.
“I am excited to join the creative force behind K11 MUSEA's #ShareToInspireBid campaign to help Make-A-Wish Hong Kong fulfill wishes for children with critical illnesses. Titled “Love me, Love me not”, my design is about pursuing your dreams and love, to seize your chances and opportunities. - C arina Lau on K11 MUSEA #ShareToInspireBid campaign
A Snow Angel is the outline of an angel, formed by swinging its hands and feet to form an angel in the snow. Snow Angel Mickey is inspired by the popular children's game, representing the innocence and imagination of children enjoying themselves. Designed by art platform APPortfolio, this dynamic character brings art, culture and trending elements together in a cross-cultural expression.
K11 MUSEA #ShareToInspireBid to realize wishes for Make-A-Wish Hong Kong
This summer, K11 MUSEA is re-inventing the online art scene with a ‘Money Can’t Buy’ public online barter bid designed to inspire and create shared value in the community. Held in partnership with Make-A-Wish Hong Kong, the K11 MUSEA #ShareToInspireBid creative charity barter bid grants life-changing wishes to those in need.
From 26 July to 7 August 2020, K11 MUSEA will open barter bids to the public for special Snow Angel Mickey artworks created by 10 international artists & celebrities - including not-to-be-missed exclusive designs by Carina Lau; Leah Dou; multimedia artist and designer David Flores; British contemporary pop artist Philip Colbert; Hong Kong artists Kristopher Ho, Bao Ho, Messy Desk, Parents Parents; Guangzhou graffiti artist Satr, and Make-A-Wish Hong Kong Wish Child Kina Fan (Hodgkin’s Lymphoma recovered patient) with a dream of becoming a costume designer. The process will unfold as follows:
1. View the bidding topics set by Make-A-Wish Hong Kong and Snow Angel Mickey design on #ShareToInspireBid minisite (https://bit.ly/3iUK6ET) . Every day from 26– 30 July 2020, the artists will also introduce their Snow Angel Mickey (30cm) design inspiration via livestream on K11 MUSEA channel.
2. To bid for the figurines, participants must upload their creative offer on Instagram, #ShareToInspireBid, and tag the artist*. Approved Instagram posts will be uploaded on #ShareToInspireBid minisite. *Instagram account must be set to public.
3. The artist and Make-A-Wish Hong Kong will select the most innovative and creative barter bid that fulfills the children’s wishes as a winner.
4. The winner will donate their creative bid to Make-A-Wish Hong Kong. K11 will also donate HK$20 to Make-A-Wish Hong Kong for each approved bid submission on Instagram.
5. After Make-A-Wish Hong Kong receives the donation, winners will receive a Snow Angel Mickey figurine of the topic they successfully bid for.
The winning bids from the 10 Snow Angel Mickey artworks designed by the esteemed prominent artists and celebrities will directly go to Make-A-Wish Hong Kong who will allocate these bids among their patients to fulfill their wishes.